Los Cabos stretches along the southernmost tip of Baja California and includes the cities of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. We’ve put together a quick guide that covers some of the things to do in the area.
- Cabo San Lucas is known for nightlife, high end restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. It’s also where the main marina is.
- San Jose Del Cabo is known for its traditional Mexican look and feel, including cobblestone streets and brightly colored buildings. It is an artists’ hub with many art galleries.
Los Cabos is situated where the Pacific ocean meets the sea of Cortez, which provides the opportunity for travelers to experience both bodies of water which are quite different.
- The Pacific side has stronger wind and waves, and cooler weather
- The Sea of Cortez side has calmer waters and warmer weather
The shallower, warmer waters of the Sea of Cortez allow many varieties of marine life to thrive there. Jacques Cousteau called the sea of Cortez “the aquarium of the world.”
- Boating – private sailboats and yachts can chartered to take you out for the day. Sail to the Arch natural landmark or to one of many small bays or beaches in the area.
- Fishing – big game fishing trips on pangas, super pangas or yachts are available, targeting tuna, marlin, swordfish and many more! Trips leave from Cabo San Lucas marina.
- Snorkeling – you can see lots of fish, eels, manta rays, turtles, octopus and more in the waters around Los Cabos. Favorite places to snorkel include Pelican Rock, Lover’s Beach, Santa Maria Bay, and Chileno Bay.
- Paddle boarding – rent paddle boards at Medano beach. SUP Yoga is also available.
- Parasailing & flyboarding – available at Medano Beach
- Surfing & kitesurfing – most popular in the East Cape area
- Waterfalls – check out Sol de Mayo waterfall an hour and a half outside Los Cabos.
- Lovers’ Beach – at Land’s End by the Arch natural landmark
- Medano Beach – in downtown Cabo San Lucas
- Santa Maria Beach – between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo at kilometer 13
- Chileno Beach – between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo at kilometer 14
- Palmilla Beach – between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo at kilometer 27