While you still have time to plan your summer vacations, now is the perfect moment to consider using your Preferred Points for vacations during weeks 18 to 43 (May through October). Each year, in addition to your allotted club points, you are are eligible to use your Preferred Points which are equivalent to double your annual points allocation (for most members this is two weeks). These points are like having “free weeks” in that all you have to pay is the prorated maintenance fees if and when you use them.
Here are some interesting things you might want to know about Preferred Points:
- Preferred Points can be used to reserve units at any of the Club Caribe affiliated resorts during summer (weeks 18-43, May–October), so long as you have enough points to cover the accommodation you wish to reserve.
- You only pay the maintenance fees for the Preferred Points that you use. If you don’t use them, they don’t cost you anything.
- Preferred Points may be combined with Club Points to upgrade to a bigger unit type from May through October.
- At least one Club Caribe member must be present at the resort when using the Preferred Points, which means units reserved with Preferred Points cannot be rented to a third party.
- Weeks reserved using Preferred Points can, however, be traded at a full week value through the Interval International exchange company, this way the points can be used anytime, anywhere and by anyone.
- Preferred Points can be used even if you have Club Points available, this way you can bank your club points or save them to use in the winter or holiday seasons and still take a week of vacations in summer.
- Preferred Points are renewed every year (every alternate year for biennial members) during your membership and cannot be banked or borrowed.
For more information, call 1-866-668-9261 and ask our agents how you can make your reservation using Preferred Points.
What else do you need to know? Start packing and let’s travel!